Introducing Survival Swim Lessons with AT Private Swim and Coach Amelia
The program Coach Amelia teaches is 4 times a week for the first 4 weeks and 3 times a week for the following 4 weeks and moving down to 2 times a week for the next 4 weeks. During the program she will teach your child survival swim-float skills. Our goal is that they could independently get into their back-float position from any entrance into the water. The repetition of classes is very important in your child’s development and to help create the conditioned response that could save their lives.
You can also sign up for just one session or even just one class, but for the best results we recommend that you complete at least two 4 week sessions.
Once the 12 weeks are complete, Coach Amelia will discuss the best plan for moving forward and progressing to maintenance lessons or continuing with 2 or 3 times a week until the skills are perfected.
Every student progresses at their own pace so every lesson is private and customized to your child’s personal skill development.
Once the student masters their survival skills we offer maintenance lessons to maintain all the current skills and to move forward towards stroke development. Maintenance lessons are generally one or two times a week. When the child is ready for stroke development, we enroll the student in 20 minute private swim lessons with a new swim coach that can take them to the next level.
Attached are the swim lesson agreement and student registration sheet and a credit card authorization form for your payment. You can also call or come by to pay and reserve your spot. We cannot guarantee a timeslot until you are reserved and paid.
The class cost is $35 per session and is due now to reserve your preferred time slot.
There is a $49 annual family registration fee that will be charged on your first bill.
A bit more about Coach Amelia:
Starting as young as 6 months old, Coach Amelia teaches children the life-saving skills they need to survive a drowning accident. She has over 10 years of experience teaching survival swim skills, stroke development, and traditional swim lessons. She is extremely passionate about spreading awareness on water safety and drowning prevention in our community.
You can see some photos, reviews, and testimonials from her clients here:
Swim Lessons for Kids
Starting at 4 years old
Our weekly 20-minute class is for swimmers from 6 months old to 15 years old. The goal of this class is to cultivate our students' interests in swimming as well as promoting water safety.
Our structured curriculum has detailed instructions and skills required for each level. We want our swimmers to continue to progress through hard work, so they can be in and around the water confidently.
The Learn-to-Swim program focuses on building skills one step at a time. By giving them the opportunity to master one element before moving on to the next, our kids' swim classes make it easy to build confidence in the water.
During their swim lessons, children will spend time working on the following six skills:
- Skill Set 1: Introduction to Water Skills: Students will learn how to feel comfortable in the water and safely enjoy it.
- Skill Set 2: Fundamentals of Aquatic Skills: Children will learn basic swimming skills.
- Skill Set 3: Stroke Development: Additional guided practice will help students improve their skills.
- Skill Set 4: Stroke Improvement: Kids will gain confidence during swim lessons, improve their stroke and gain additional aquatic skills.
- Skill Set 5: Stroke Refinement: Guidance allows kids to refine their strokes and become more efficient swimmers.
- Skill Set 6: Swimming and Skill Proficiency: Students will learn to swim with ease and efficiency, and gain the ability to swim smoothly over greater distances. Swimmers will also have the option to participate in more advanced courses.
Non-refundable annual pro-rated registration fee of up to $49 per family.
Price:$40 dollars per lesson
Adult Swim 20 Minute Swim Classes
ages 15 years and up
OTA Swim offers adult swim lessons through our innovative, learn-at-your-own-pace Learn-to-Swim program. Developed for older teens and adults, our program gives adult swimmers at every level the opportunity to improve their skills in a safe environment – and under the guidance of a trained instructor.
The Learn-to-Swim program allows swimmers to progress at their own pace, mastering one set of skills before moving on to the next. Swimming lessons for adults are available in the following three levels, developed to meet the needs of adult learners:
1) Learning the Basics: earn basic swimming strokes and skills needed to stay safe, and help keep others safe in and around the water.
2) Improving Skills and Swimming Strokes: Participants will gain proficiency in basic aquatic skills and the six basic swimming strokes.
3) Swimming for Fitness: Participants will learn to refine their front crawl, back crawl, breaststroke and turns to build endurance.
Non-refundable annual registration fee $49 per family
Private one on one lessons $40 dollars per 20 minute session