The MTX-R sidemount set is a super tough, rugged, high performance, go anywhere sidemount regulator configuration designed to meet the rigours of cold water and extreme sidemount diving. The MTX-R is highly reliable and also very easy to service out in the field which make it an ideal choice for the expedition and exploration diver.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Suitable for cold water use (below 10°C / 50°F)
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Over-moulded innovative endcap and environmental diaphragm, a forged1st stage body offering maximum thermal performance.
- The 5th 3/8” UNF medium pressure port includes a protective bumper when not in use.
- Forged first stage body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Angled HP ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Forged rotating turret with medium pressure ports in a parallel direction for improved hose orientation.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O² outside the EU (European Union), within the EU anything above 21% O² must use an M26 Connection.
- High performance, pneumatically balanced, lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, diver friendly self-flushing controllable purge button.
- Front cover with over-moulded elastomer incorporates a formed chrome plated brass plate improving durability of the second stage.
- Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Double swivel hose
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.